Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pregnancy hormones: the tragedy-maker....



It's been one of those up and down weeks. Some days were good, others, well not so good. My biggest problem was myself. Being in the last weeks of pregnancy, I have given into the irritable, up/down emotional roller coaster of hormones WAY to much, and found myself on my knees before God and my children on more than one occasion. I also found myself getting easily distracted by the sweeping exhaustion of my body and mind and so I did not stick to the schedule I had planned daily for our lessons. I could see that this was not only affecting my mood, but also the mood of my girls. Now, in spite of these negatives, we did have some really productive moments. We celebrated the first day of Fall on September 22ND by learning more about the season of Autumn, studying leaves and the changing of colors around us. Reading several stories of why these things happen (Kali LOVES the whys of things so this satisfies her appetite of knowing). WE also did a few fall craft projects and the girls got to get into the kitchen, on separate occasions, to make daddy some fall season goodies. Kali made daddy dinner one night, warm chicken potpie with vegetables relating to this season, and Anyssa got to make daddy a delectable desert of apple spice cake. The kitchen is not only a GREAT learning center for math and science...it's also good on the tummy! yummo

I had planned on going to the library at least two times this week, however we did not make even one of these days. Daddy plans on taking the girls today, Saturday the 26Th, while I do a couple of sewing projects with his mom and sister. yay for daddy daughter time!

We were able to get out of the house on Friday (I forced myself and was SO happy to do this. NEVER good to hibernate too long in your home, depression sets in fast, or is that cabin fever??) . I took the kids to a homeschooling function hosted by the Boys and Girls club at NCCS. IT was SO nice to be able to sit and talk with other moms in our area who are homeschooling, AND the kids got to make new friends and play lots of cool games. Snacks and craft projects were provided as well. This was a much needed and nice two hour outing and it REALLY did good to lift ALL our spirits. After this morning, we had a GREAT school afternoon, full of creative ways to learn our math and english. By the grace of God , all by the Grace of God.


Kali Jo working out our math problems on a chalk board...sure beats sitting at a desk working out of a book (although she did have a math sheet later).

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about you guys ^_^ I like watching you all at work even better!
    You are doing a amazing job never doubt yourself!!

    ReplyDelete